Minggu, 02 Januari 2011

You Belong To Us, You Will Be Like Us.

dress review Doctor Who Tomb Cybermen Story

Doctor Who Tomb Cybermen Story

I have recently purchased and watched this dvd. Do not be swayed by anyone who suggests this is a "double-dip" release from the BBC. I have both versions and have compared them. The original dvd version was released prior to the application of the VIDFIRE computer technology that is used now to restore all of the vintage Doctor Who stories. Therefore, there is a HUGE difference in the video quality between the first dvd version (2001) and this one. The difference is astonishing, all the more so if you could compare it to the unrestored version of this story originally released in VHS. The 2001 dvd does have a couple of bonus features which were not put on the current release, but most of them are there as well as many new ones. If you do not own this story yet, the current remastered dvd is clearly the one to get. If you already own the 2001 dvd, I urge you to get this new version as the improvement is remarkable. I am very glad I bought it, and now having had a chance to compare an original release to a remastered release, I will be buying the new versions of all of the vintage stories as they are issued. I was skeptical whether I should purchase, for example, the upcoming rerelease of THE SEEDS OF DEATH, but now I have no reservations whatsoever. The BBC is doing stellar work with this series. Buy with confidence.

Get your Doctor Who Tomb Cybermen Story Now!

6 komentar:

  1. Should I start way back with the first Doctor, or should I just watch the current Doctor right now?

    BalasHapus
  2. I am really excited about Dr. Who and I want to start watching it, but I can't start from the first Doctor, which by the way is not a bad idea. So, I've done a little bit of research and found that quite a few people recommend I start with Eccleston. What do you think?

    BalasHapus
  3. Because in the sixties or around that he traveled with his grand-daughter

    BalasHapus
  4. I've only watched the episode Blink, and liked it. What else can you recommend? Thanks!

    BalasHapus
  5. Like I've heard of one with killer dolls and whatnot. Also what are some of the older episodes with the daleks called? And are they on netflix?

    BalasHapus
  6. I just recently got into Doctor Who and I've only seen and know about the eleventh doctor, but I want to go all the way back to the first doctor, and see every single episode until I get to the last episode of the season that just ended. Is there any websites for that? I'm desperate to see all of them.

    BalasHapus